Application for Enrolment

Student Vacancies

Placement Policy

The College is currently at capacity.

For International student enquiries, please go to International Student Program .

  • This form is NOT for Grade 6 to Year 7 Enrolment
  • Year 7 placement applications will be distributed by your primary school in Grade 6

Ringwood Secondary College Enrolment Criteria and Principles

A child residing permanently in the neighbourhood area has the right to attend Ringwood Secondary College unless already enrolled in a secondary school.
In general, the designated neighbourhood school as defined by the Department of Education and Training, is the secondary college that is nearest in a straight line from the student’s permanent residential address.  The student must be living with the parent or carer* at the permanent address or spend a substantial part of their time at that address. 

For information on school boundaries for Ringwood Secondary College please refer to the link below to locate your closest school.
Always use to check school zones.

We cannot endorse advice from real estate agents or other websites.

Additional information can be found through the link below:

*   A parent/carer is defined as one who has been legally appointed to take responsibility for the student making the application for enrolment.

There is no automatic sibling claim, but wherever practical Ringwood Secondary College will accept enrolment of a student who is the sibling of a current student in the proposed year of enrolment and who resides permanently at the same address.

Grade 6 to Year 7 Transition

Priority order of placement for enrolments for Grade 6 to Year 7 transition:

  • Students for whom Ringwood Secondary College is the designated neighbourhood school 
  • Students who reside permanently at the same address as a sibling attending the school at the same time
  • Students in order of closeness of their home to the school
  • Students seeking enrolment on specific curriculum grounds

In exceptional circumstances, enrolment may be sought on compassionate grounds. This does not form part of the priority order of placement.

Those who will be offered a place at the College are notified by their primary school in Term 3, as well as those who were unsuccessful.

Years 8 – 12 Enrolment

Demand for entry to Ringwood Secondary College at all levels is high. Our College is your neighbourhood school if it is the closest state government secondary college to your permanent residence. For information on school boundaries refer to to locate your closest school. Places are offered to those students who move into the area with their parent/carers during the school year. If the student already lives in our local area and is attending another school, a place will be offered in the following year. Applications for enrolment for students who live outside our neighbourhood area are only offered if there are vacancies. The number of vacancies varies from year to year and between the year levels. Enquiries should be directed to the Administration Office on 9870 2002 or to [email protected]