Heritage and Alumni Group
The College Heritage and Alumni group welcomes contact from ex-students or parents of ex-students interested in joining the Heritage Committee at any time. Meetings are held 6 times a year at the College commencing at 7:30pm.
Contact: Heritage Committee Assistant Principal on 9870 2002 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Heritage Perpetual Scholarship
The College Heritage and Alumni Group has introduced a new scholarship for students entering VCE, who are deserving of support in order to complete their secondary education, with the first scholarship being awarded in 2016.
Prospective applicants must complete the Application Form and return it to the College by 3.30 pm on Friday, 14th October 2016.
College contact: Heritage Committee Assistant Principal on 9870 2002
Opened in 1954, Ringwood High School (Ringwood Secondary College) enjoyed a traditional life with Domestic Science, Cadets, prefects and trips to the Royal Melbourne Show. Nowadays the curriculum is global, creative and technological.
Today the Heritage and Alumni group supports reunions, promotes celebrations, produced ‘Ringwood Recalls’ – 50 years of schooling, crafted five Jubilee Quilts and fosters the recognition of students through four halls: Heritage, Sporting Hall of Fame, Arts Hall of Achievement and Science Hall of Excellence.
An Honour Board recognises staff with 20 years of service to the College.
Members of the Heritage and Alumni group help at key functions, interview students and provide links with the wider community. It is with pride that the College welcomes second and third generation students.
- the unveiling of six granite, stainless steel capped bollards to commemorate events and images across the decades. Plaques for individuals may be purchased and fixed to the bollards to recognise former students and staff. Please contact the College. RSC Anniversary Plaque Order Form
- five past students being inducted into the Hall of Heritage
- publication of 'The Diamond Decade', an update recording the history of the College between 2004 - 2013
- an afternoon reunion for past students and teachers
- a musical evening, 'If these walls could talk', paid tribute to performances over the years